Mindfulness: An Embodied Presence
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of attending curiously to our immediate embodied experience, in order to learn about, explore and understand ourselves more compassionately.
How can Mindfulness benefit you?
Studies suggest that practising mindfulness can increase feelings of happiness, alleviate anxiety and depression and aid stress management, improving our ability to concentrate, sleep and make decisions, as well as the quality of our relationships.
Classes and Courses
Weekly Meditation Drop-in Classes at TriYoga
Mondays 12-12.30pm at Camden
Fridays 11.15-12 at Soho
FREE TASTER SESSION at Goldendoor Studio
Wednesday 1st November 7-8pm Book here
Introduction to Mindsyte Mindfulness – 4 week course at Goldendoor Studio
8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th November 2017
Cost: £70 for 4 sessions
These weekly sessions will teach you to develop a focused and embodied attention, self awareness, emotional intelligence, and greater sense of ease and well being. we will practice a variety of mindfulness meditations and practical ways to integrate mindfulness into daily activities at work, home and in relationships.
The sessions will include the following:
- Training in meditation, developing awareness of breath, body, feelings and thoughts.
- Managing stress and learning how to shift from reaction to response.
- Recognizing and letting go of unhelpful habitual thoughts and mind states.
- Exploring, understanding and working with a range of emotional experience.
Each week we will explore a different theme of mindfulness. All sessions will combine talks, experiential practice of the mindfulness techniques, with feedback and discussion.
We will learn to:
- Train our attention and focus
- Stay present and embodied
- Reduce reactivity to experience
- Encourage emotional intelligence
- Notice thought patterns including self-judgment
- Cultivate care and compassion towards ourselves and others