Learn to teach the Restorative Yoga practices including Yoga Nidra and Mindfulness
This Course is Appropriate for:
Qualified yoga teachers, trainee yoga teachers, aspiring yoga teachers (although please be aware that you won’t be able to teach Restorative Yoga until you have your 200 hour qualification).
Also for massage therapists, physiotherapists, body workers, counselors… in fact, anyone who works with minds and bodies, and who would like to deepen their understanding of the nervous system, the importance of rest, and the mind-body connection.
And anyone who would like to learn to rest; whether this is to practice rest and relaxation at home, or to encourage friends and family to indulge in rest. In this day and age, stress is so common. It’s more likely that we’ll be on the go, planning what’s next and trying to fit everything in. The practice of Restorative Yoga helps to counter-balance this; to encourage us to activate the ‘rest and digest’ response. This helps us find clarity, peace, creativity and rest.
This training will take place at Yoga Hero, based in a beautiful part of Leeds .
£500 early bird until 1st July then £575
book your place here
This 40 hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training course (35 contact hours + 5 hours home study) will include daily Mindfulness and Yoga Nidra practice, as well as instruction in:
- The principles of Restorative Yoga
- What is Restorative Yoga
- Restorative yoga vs Yin Yoga
- The benefits of Restorative Yoga
- A look at the Nervous System
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous system
- How stress affects us
- How we can counter balance the effects of stress using Restorative Yoga, Mindfulness and Yoga Nidra
- Restorative Yoga
- Setting up poses
- Variations and adaptations of the poses for all bodies
- Creative use of props
- Managing a Restorative Yoga class
- Moving between poses
- Teaching and hands-on adjustments
- Teaching Restorative Yoga as One-to-One Yoga Therapy
- What is mindfulness
- Explaining mindfulness to others
- Continuum States of Consciousness
- Sleep and Yoga Nidra
- Practical applications of Restorative Yoga, Mindfulness and Yoga Nidra
- Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, ME and Cancer
Yoga Hero, Leeds
(The studio is three doors down from Pizza Express)
Leeds Dock is a 10 minute walk from Leeds Train Station
There is free parking for two hours all around the dock, and there’s a multistorey car park signposted, view the website here >
There are many very reasonably priced AirBnBs on the Dock
Leeds is a quite small city with loads going on. The whole city is walkable by foot, probably 40 minutes’ walk from one end to the other at a steady pace. There’s many independent restaurants and cafes, with our favourite North Star Coffee Shop just two doors down from the studio, serving incredible coffee and food during the day.
If you have any questions about Leeds; what to do, where to stay, or how to get here, just ask the team: email@example.com // 07743513225.